Friday, June 18, 2010

Got a tanning question?

Just ask me. Throughout the day I have conversations with people about tanning all the time. It's beyond ridiculous, and I think it's really a stupid conversation to have.

It just seems so... superficial? I don't know, it's a very weird business.

But I keep getting these strange questions, "Can I shower afterward?" "Can I get a facial/waxed?" And they usually have an answer. But it's a weird made up sounding answer. And I found out why.

Some people are getting their information from the retards they hire at the Big Chain Salon. And really, retard is being generous. Oh sure they usually look good, if they're your type. They aren't mine. As far as I'm concerned I'd take a girl with a kick-ass sense of humor over some bleached blonde party girl any day of the week. But that's a different post.

So what it boils down too is this...

A. Do you want to listen to the guy that literally built this place from the ground up, with his own two hands, deals with the suppliers every day, researched, and bought the tanning beds, repairs the beds, and is here virtually everyday?

OR...

B. Do you want information from the bleached blonde party girl (Oh but she took an eight hour course about how to sell lotions!) that's gonna spend her weekend at Crobar getting roofies slipped into her drink?

I know which one I'd pick. And frankly if you answered "B" I'd really rather not have to deal with you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment