Friday, June 18, 2010

Why Would You Steal That?

Having worked as a locksmith in a past life, I can tell you that some people can, and will steal anything that isn't nailed down. But once I opened this place I figured that would stop. Averaging 1,500 pounds you can't just walk off with a tanning bed.

And aside from the lotions we sell, there really isn't too much stuff of any real value in here worth stealing. But they manage. Here's a baffling list.

If you've ever tanned in a bed, chances are you've seen the little "This Bed Has Been Sanitized" signs. No biggie right? Those f-ckers are $15 each. And I have to buy them eight at a time. So quit taking them! What kind of souvenir is that anyway?

You know those little bamboo good luck plants? Yep they swiped that too. I have no idea how they got it out of here, as you can only walk out the front passed the counter, and it wasn't exactly tiny. I can only hope they put it in a purse, or bag because it was filled with little rocks, and A LOT of water. It would serve them right.

That little squeezy think that the toilet paper hangs on? Oh they left the toilet paper though. This time. I bought a new one at the hardware store for like, $1.50. Why would you steal that?

Toilet paper obviously.

Since I'm here constantly I have a toothbrush, and mouth wash stashed in the bathroom. Guess what? Yeah they took that too. The mouthwash I kinda get I guess, but a toothbrush? Even if you needed one to brush your dog's teeth or something, wouldn't you just go to the Dollar Store?

We have baby wipes in all of the rooms, so girls can take of make up and stuff. But instead of taking the whole plastic refillable container, they take all of the wipes. The thing is, they're soaked in alcohol (I guess) so where do they put them? I hope next to their cellphone, or address book or something.

Toilet paper.

They have managed to swipe lotions, but some of those get to be real expensive real fast so I've manged to stop that by putting only EMPTY bottles on display.

Are these things souvenirs? I just can't imagine why they sometimes take, what they take.

No comments:

Post a Comment