Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mr. Szczzptzcaysz?

Hi Euro-Guy how are you? I'm sorry what was your last name again? You know, pronouncing it in your native language only makes matters worse. I'm actually pretty good at remembering names, numbers, or whatever you want.

I can remember an 18 digit credit card number, including the expiration date, and "v-code." Seriously.

But you were only here once before, and it was really busy, so sometimes it doesn't get "imprinted" on my brain. I know it must be aggravating for you to be asked "huh?" every time you say your name, but in my defense, it has, like, 13 consonants in a row, and two of them are z's with a bunch of c's thrown in there for good measure, so cut me a little slack.

And you have an accent. One that's pretty thick, and I don't actually speak Bulgarian, because I didn't think I'd ever have to in the Good Ol' US of A. So be patient with me. I know I'm just a stupid American, but people used to change their name to Smith, or Jones when they hit Ellis Island for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment