Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Business?

For all the talk of July 1st, which may, or may not happen at this point, I have decided what I want to do. Own a bar. I know, I know, that's probably much worse than what I'm doing now. Much worse. But it's what I want. It's something I've wanted to do for a very long time. And despite what probably comes across as my grumpiness with the general public, I actually do like people. And it's something people seem to see me doing. And I feel like this salon is just a stepping stone toward that.

When I leave here today, I'm actually going to call about an empty location for it. We'll see. This is all very preliminary, and may not even be possible. It's going to be very expensive and I would have to get no less than $100,000 for the salon, but that's a long shot. Unfortunately that's money I would need. I've been working on this for a while now and I would like the space to be around 5000 square feet. That would be ideal. I called about a space a week ago, but that one was 10,000 square feet. That's big. Much to big. The entire mall my salon is currently in is probably 10,000 square feet. So at even just 12 a suare foot a space that size would be $12,000 a month. That's a lot of beer.

Anyway I'll call today and see what they say. July is just around the corner so it's time to get moving on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment