Saturday, August 15, 2009

Uh Oh

Here she comes. She lived around the corner from me so I recognize her. She would be out there everyday cutting her lawn with pinking shears. But she wasn't eccentric or anything. She was a nut. A hoarder, collecting garbage furniture, and maybe border line dangerous, who knows? Her family, combined with the city had her forcibly evicted, and then committed to some place for nut-jobs, or the story goes.

You just KNOW she really hates George Bush

Anyway, they must've been hosing out her cage or something, because she stormed into the store carrying a bunch of crab apples and sticks wanting to know what we do.

Crazy: What is this place?
Me: A tanning salon.
Crazy: You mean with those machines?
Me: Yep! (I knew where this was going)
Crazy: I thought this was illegal?

Now I'm Scratching me chin, looking thoughtful. Might as well f-ck with her

Me
: No not last time I checked, I mean here we are.
(Uh oh she saw the news.)

Crazy: YOU KNOW YOU'RE KILLING PEOPLE! GIVING THEM CANCER!!
DIDN'T YOU SEE THE NEWS REPORTS??!!
WHAT A WORLD WE LIVE IN!!

Me: So you don't wanna tan then?

Crazy: NO AREN'T YOU LISTENING TO ME!!

Me: Obviously not.

Luckily no one else was here. She drops her little apples, scoops them up and then turns to storm out. I just let her speak her piece, and hopefully let her get it out of her system. She looks kind of normal, but has those eyes like in the picture above. Sort of a deer in the headlights look. Don't they all? She's half my size so I'm pretty sure I could take her.

No comments:

Post a Comment