Monday, November 2, 2009

I'll pass


Not on your life. I saw the five minute preview, or whatever it was the other day. Why? Why would anyone watch this ridiculous, and totally unnecessary remake? Aside from the occasional stupid looking sixties haircut/pair of striped pants the original show is perfect, and really hardly looks at all dated. Okay all of the computers, phones, and tape recorders are HUGE and yes the ending is beyond terrible, but aside from that it's awesome. It's one of only two television series I bought on DVD.

Immediately in the preview I noticed "Him" apparently helping someone. WRONG! Way to miss the entire point of the original series assholes. And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that this woman (and child) that he helps, at some point becomes his love interest/instant family. In case I'm a total retard, I had always assumed the original was about the individual. The "Lone Wolf" as it were. At no point in the original series do I remember Number 6 assisting anybody but himself. I admit I haven't watched any of it in a long time, but again isn't that the whole point of the show?

"Oh but it looks so good!" Save it. So what? I don't know I'm so irritated, and pissed off about this I'll have to get some kind of cogent line of thought together and update this when I do.


Thanks for pissing all over Patrick McGoohan's grave AMC.



By the way. I don't give a shit why you like the new one. If anyone bothers to ever read this, I fucking hate it without ever seeing it. Period. So save your chubby, stubby little fingers and don't bother defending it. Try watching the original series first and you'll be absolutely amazed at how fast you're going to agree with me. And I hate to sound like an elitist tool, but if you watch the first one, and don't "get it"? Yeah we can't be friends.

2 comments:

  1. I actually have a the old one courtesy a former coworker who insisted YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS IT IS SO AWESOME.

    ....so I'm assuming I shouldn't save it for the same night we make a drinking game out of the Dragonball movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... Did you "get it".

    I sure hope so.

    ReplyDelete