Saturday, November 28, 2009

THAT'S WHY IT'S LOCKED!

The back of the store is on an alley and there's a liquor store at the opposite end of the mall. The owner is a really nice guy, but he doesn't really have the "Top Hat Society" for customers. And we are after all a tanning salon, so if you're a black guy, all charges of me being a racist aside, I have to wonder why you're walking in here. And the first thing I tell anyone new when they start working is never open the back door to anyone! EVER.

Well one day I leave it cracked open to let some air in because even during winter it can get really hot in here. And I almost always have a handgun here. Just in case. I mean you never know right? See where this is going? Well one customer of "Al's Liquors" a young black guy, is around all the time. I don't know if he's homeless, or just an alcoholic or whatever but I see him a lot so he isn't unfamiliar to me. I even know his name. Well it's after dark, the back door is cracked open, and I have my back to the lobby when out of the corner of my eye I see a figure on my left that obviously came in through the back door. And he's black. So I swing around, and reach for the pistol. It's a double-action .45, made by Taurus, in case you were wondering. And in a split second I realized it was him. He just came in to say hi. I still see him around occasionally, and I never told him how close he came to getting killed that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment