Saturday, February 20, 2010

I saw these guys last week.


Isn't she HOT


They're called The Creepshow, and they're from Canada (eh?). And they played at the "Subterranean" last week in Chicago. They were awesome. They sounded great live, as in they didn't suck, and it's obvious they sound like they do without a lot of studio trickery like the "Big Names" so obviously use. And the singer is smokin'. And she's really, really tiny. I was surprised at how tiny. She walked by me before I realized who she was and she was at about the middle of my chest at the most. Anyway the music isn't really for everybody because it's borderline punky, fast, and loud sort of music. I was kinda surprised at the mosh pit which I don't do anymore since nearly getting my leg completely shattered in a mosh pit at a Ramones concert, thank you very much.

It's called horror-punk, or horror-pop, but the songs are catchy, and aside from the sometimes sorta dumb lyrics it's a lot of fun and its a really cool place to see a show. But there is one tiny little problem. It's the clothes. And believe me it's not everybody. The girls with all the tattoos, the stiletto heels, the fishnets, and jet black (or especially red!!) hair are all very, very hot.

Imagine Betty Page/40's/retro/borderline fetish thing happening.

Well I like it anyway.

So here is that problem. If you're 5'4" tall, and you weigh 245 pounds it's probably best to avoid this kind of costuming.

Bleached blonde/jet black hair, a bright red polka dot top, high heels, torn pantyhose and porcelain skin look good on the girl in the picture on the left. But it just makes you look like an escaped mental patient. So maybe next time tone it down a little bit would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment