Monday, February 21, 2011

Which One Is It?

For a long time I've been worried about our tanning beds.  Are they worse than our competitors? Better? The same? I really didn't know, and I still don't. I hardly ever use them as I really don't have the time, or frankly, the desire. I'm here enough. I'm not coming in early, or staying late just to lie in a tanning bed. I'm just not that interested.  But one thing I always wonder about is the quality. Will people notice a difference between us, and BIG CHAIN SALON? Even though there really isn't much difference, sometimes it's in the eye of the beholder.

My question has been answered now, and with almost no effort on my part. That's my favorite way actually.

People will come in to tan, ask for a specific bed, and then go into the wrong room. It happens, and it's an easy mistake. I usually say..."Room 3", or "Room 8" just so there's no confusion, and it gets people in and out faster, but not always. I usually don't say it if it's someone that's been coming here for a long time, because why would I? I don't move the beds around, they're hardwired into their respective outlets, and they weigh upwards of half  a ton, and sometimes more, so they're all but permanent right where they are.

But when someone that's been coming here for three, or four years and says I want the "Level 5" a bed they've used on at least a dozen prior occasions by the way,  and then immediately walks into a different room and waits for the bed to start, I realized they can't tell the difference! And in this circumstance there is a difference. You'd think that would be a bad thing. But it isn't. That means that one of the big guys that blew $500,000 on eight super-duper fancy air conditioned, misting, neon lit beds wasted their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment